Meet the Lecturers of the 2nd ACM Europe Summer School
The 2nd ACM Europe Summer School on Data Science will take place in Athens on July 12-18, 2018. Young Computer Science researchers from around the world will have the opportunity to attend courses in the topics of Data Science, Data Management and Analysis, Machine Learning, Big Data, Security and Privacy, etc.
A range of 6 subjects in Data Analytics, Data Mining and Machine Learning will give students the chance to develop skills and expertise, broaden their international experience and capitalize on knowledge opportunities. The Summer School’s program consists of lectures, hands-on sessions and keynote talks from 9 distinguished scientists.
Meet the Lecturers of this year’s Summer School:
- Sihem Amer-Yahia (Grenoble) is a Research Director at LIG in Grenoble.
- Daniel A. Keim (Konstanz) is Professor and Head of the Information Visualization and Data Analysis Research Group in the Computer Science Department of the University of Konstanz, Germany.
- Natasa Milic-Frayling (Nottingham) Professor and Chair of Data Science at the School of Computer Science, University of Nottingham.
- Chris Re (Stanford) is an Associate Professor affiliated with DAWN, Statistical Machine Learning Group, PPL, and SAIL (bio).
- Yannis Theodoridis (Pireaus) is Professor of Data Science at the Department of Informatics, University of Piraeus, Greece.
- Chris Williams (Edinbourgh) is Professor of Machine Learning in the School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh, and University Liaison Director for the Alan Turing Institute.
The School is organized and sponsored by ACM, the ACM Europe Council, ACM SIGMOD, ACM SIGKDD, Microsoft, “Athena” Research and Innovation Center and the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.